- Written by David Nichols
- Parent Category: News
- Last Updated: 22 January 2013
- Created: 04 May 2007
Some of Qore's features:
- Database integration, including oracle, mysql, postgresql, sybase, and FreeTDS-based (mssql) drivers
- Highly multithreaded execution engine, designed for scalability on SMP platforms
- XML integration, including automatic XML serialization from Qore data structures and vice-versa
- Classes and modules for a variety of network and messaging protocols, including HTTP, JSON-RPC, XML-RPC, TIBCO Rendezvous(R), TIBCO Adapters(TM), Bea Tuxedo (TM)
- Perl5 Regular Expression support
- Exception handling and D-style exception-safe and exception-aware cleanup support
- National character set encoding support with transparent encoding conversions
- UTF-8 Multi-Byte character encoding support, where characters and bytes are treated appropriately depending on the context
- Runs on most UNIX-like systems, including Linux, OS/X, Solaris, HP-UX, etc
Qore has borrowed ideas from perl, Java, C++, and the D programming language, among others, and implements features unique to Qore as well.
Qore's power is best leveraged when writing multithreaded network-aware applications or for embedded application scripting.