The pgsql module for Qore provides a database driver for PostgreSQL databases.
Requires qore 0.8.6+ (for all possible features) and postgresql headers and libraries to build.
Module documentation: http://qore.org/manual/modules/pgsql/current/index.html
The driver supports the following features:
- all builtin PostgreSQL data types are supported
- multi-dimensional arrays are supported for binding and retrieving
- is thread-safe
- stored procedure execution is supported
- transaction management is supported
- transparent character encoding conversion is supported if necessary
- supports microsecond resolution time zone information in date/time values.
- the "optimal-numbers" option is set by default as of module version 2.0
- supports a server timezone setting for correctly handling date/time value when communicating with a DB server in another time zone
- the prepared statement API is supported (SQLStatement class)
The driver's name is "pgsql" and the Datasource type constant is SQL::DSPGSQL
ex (for Qore 0.8.0+):
my Datasource $db(DSPGSQL, $user, $pass, $db);
my DatasourcePool $pool(parseDatasource("pgsql:user/pass@db"));
The Qore pgsql driver uses native binary communication with PostgreSQL servers for retrieving values and binding and reading placeholder buffers. It automatically sets per-connection variables on server settings (i.e. it automatically determines if the server is using floats or 64-bit integers for time values, etc).
This module is stable and has been extensively tested.
The latest source code can be checked out from svn with the following command:
svn co svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/qore/code/module-pgsql/trunk qore-module-pgsql
RPMs for Linux can be found at the opensuse build service here: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/davidnichols/
Mac OS/X users can install this module by using macports by issuing the following command
sudo port selfupdate
sudo port -vu install qore-pgsql-module
There are no articles in this category. If subcategories display on this page, they may contain articles.